Best places to visit in Germany
This unquestionably impressive country is full of various landscapes, deep forests, mountains, fairytale castles, rivers as well as charming, picture-perfect medieval towns etc which you’ll soon wonder why in the world you didn’t discover this large European region earlier. We’ve researched and found a list of top tourist attractive destinations that you must try visiting someday on your trip to Germany.
Berlin, the capital city of Germany also the country’s largest city diverse with various ethnic groups with a huge mix of architecture, historical monuments, museums, and other sightseeing attractions, is literally a dynamic city offers more than a plenty for all those people who visit here. This is the major center of country’s politics, culture, media, and science.
Despite the devastation of WWII, Berlin quickly rebuilt in a massive amount to a diverse nation offering an electric mix of new and classic architecture, edgy arts culture, dynamic entertainment, shopping, and a wide variety of sports. It was a indeed beautiful city before the WWII but yet it’s well-known as a top tourist attraction in Germany.
Some of the mos popular travel destinations in Berlin are,
• Brandenburg Gate which is one of the most historic landmarks that is ideal to visit in the night symbolizing the unity and peace.
• The Reichstag (Reichstagsgebäude) that underwent a 10-year reconstruction, which is a magnificent highlight to visit.
• Museum Island (Museumsinsel), the paradise of world museum collection, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• German Historical Museum a must visit attraction.
• The Jewish Museum Berlin and the Berlin Wall Memorial.
• Berlin’s Television Tower that has attracted over 60 million lovers all time being the Europe’s third-tallest freestanding structure.
• Charlottenburg Palace, Checkpoint Charlie Museum and Park the oldest and largest Prussian estate of Berlin.
• The Gendarmenmarkt, Holocaust Memorial, Berlin Zoological Gardens, The Berlin-Dahlem Botanical Garden and Museum, Berlin Cathedral Church and etc.
Be sure to visit above listed places on your tour to Berlin, Germany. Best time to visit : The weather is ideal from May through September to visit.
Budget : $124 per day on your tour to Berlin. best places to visit in Germany
Munich, the capital and the largest city of Bavaria land, a major international hub for research and technology, is the 2nd best place to visit in Germany that houses centuries-old historical sites, lakes, parks, massive stores and numerous museums. This is also the third largest city in Germany after Berlin and Hamburg. While being one of the most expensive cities in the country, it’s never once failed to attract visitors from all over the world.
This vibrant city is best known as the origin of the world-famous Oktoberfest celebration which began in 1810 with a royal wedding celebration. Are you looking for the finest beer in the world? Or searching for most fascinating views, some brilliant art collections or great cuisine? If so, we guarantee that you won’t regret taking a trip to the Bavarian capital as there’s literally something for everyone who visits Munich.
The city being a really phosphorus one has succeed of drawing millions of visitors every year. Doesn’t matter at what time of the year tourists visit, Munich offers its best every time.
The city center is a fascinating blend of classical and modern architecture, with prominent museums, theatres and opera houses, royal palaces, historic churches including Baroque and Renaissance cathedrals and medieval walls, as well as bustling shopping malls (Europe’s one of the largest wholesale markets) and art galleries.
If you’re looking for some of the best views in the city, I suggest you to take a close look at these perfect locations that are guaranteed to have a gorgeous view.
• English garden ( Englischer Garten ) a large public park along with a handful of electric monuments worth exploring and several popular biergartens, a lake, jogging and cycling path.
• Church of Our Lady is a gothic-period Frauenkirche with two majestic dome-topped towers.
• St. Peter’s Church is also a place where travelers get impressed by as it’s one if the oldest churches in Munich.
• Deutsches Museum, a science technology museum full of interactive exhibits.
• Marienplatz square is a very alive place with street performers, dancers and best cuisine ever where travelers love to spend some time.
• Viktualienmarkt, Old Picture Gallery, Beirgarten near the Chinese tower, BMW Welt, Eisbachwelle, Augustiner-Keller, Olympiapark, Asam church and many more.
Be sure to visit Munich the majestic city in Germany. Best time to visit : from March to May or even till the September, when the weather is pleasantly warm and sunny.
Budget : $130 per day on your tour to Munich. best places to visit in Germany
3. Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom)
Constructions begun in 1248 and finally ended in 1880, the Cologne Cathedral, currently featuring immense twin towers that stand 515 feet tall, is a Roman catholic church in the city of Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. This was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996 as it is a renowned monument of German Catholicism and Gothic architecture.
Aside from its unique innate value and the artifacts it contains, the Cathedral of Cologne is a testament to the enduring strength of European Christianity. It’s pretty obvious why the Dom Cathedral in Cologne is Germany’s most visited landmark. This piece of architecture is just mind-blowing that it will leave you spellbound! You won’t ever regret taking the trek to top of the tower with 600+ stairs which is a bit challenging but completely worth climbing, as the vibe and the whole spectacularly panoramic views your get to feel up there is more than just so mesmerising.
Also if you’re lucky enough to go on a clear day, you’ll get to see more of the city, making the climb even more rewarding. The building is just too beautiful and you’ll keep walking around this masterpiece of art with your mouth wide open due to the amazement. According to our honest opinion this is the grandest gothic church we’ve ever seen which is a must visit if you’re travelling to Germany. Be sure to visit The Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom), Germany. Best time to visit : during the summer months.
Budget : $121 per day on your tour to Cologne. best places to visit in Germany
4. The Black Forest
The Black Forest, extended for over 160km, is one of the famous upland mountainous regions in all of Europe, bordering France. This is well-known for its dark, densely-wooded hills, evergreen forests, scenic lakes with sensational views, hiking trails, picturesque villages, thermal spa towns and walks through pine forests. Situated in the southwestern corner of Germany, deep, dark and fascinating like its famous Cherry Gate, the Black Forest has gotten its name from its oppressive canopy of evergreen trees above the forest.
To the west, it descends steeply into the Rhine, passing through lush green valleys, and to the east, it slopes more gently into the upper Neckar and Danube valleys. This trek path is literally a hiker’s heaven that is full of cultural traditions. This place is famous for its spas and cock watches manufactured in the region since the 1700s.
Now let’s find out some of the best tourist attractions in this magical area that you shouldn’t miss on your tour to Germany.
• Baden-Baden located in the northern part of the forest among the hills, is this Europe’s one of the most fashionable spa towns.
• Bad Wildbad also a gorgeous spa town, with endless amount of pine trees and mind-blowing views.
• Baiersbronn is a scenic Mt. Resort made up of 9 separate villages with incredible cuisine ever.
• Calw, renowned as the prettiest town in Black Forest is also worth a visit.
• Freiburg, located in the southern side of the Balck Forest is a cheerful university town in an excellent base.
• Badische Weinstrasse means the Badische Wine Road is a must explore if you’re a wine lover
• Titisee Lake, Triberg Falls, Kinzig and Gutach Valley and Heidelberg are some other places you must try visit on your tour.
Be sure to visit Black Forest the heavenly magical area in Germany. Best time to visit : during the early spring or late autumn are the best.
Budget : $160 per day on your tour to Black Forest. best places to visit in Germany
Considered as one of the most traveled tourist attractions in all of Germany, the Fussen is a charming and a well-preserved pretty town with pastel-coloured buildings, set in a scenic spot, which boast breathtaking views. Fussen is the final stop on the Romantic Road, about a kilometer south of the Austrian border, south of Bavaria. It is worth exploring the fascinating city where many people come to see the three fairytale castles located nearby. Also there are many nature trails for the visitors to explore in the surrounding hills and mountains.
Here is our list of top attractions in Fussen that you must visit.
• Neuschwanstein Castle is one of the most famous castles I Germany that welcomes over 1.5 million visitors per year.
• Altstadt Von Fussen, the tiny town centre of Fussen, charming stop that is worth taking a quick walk through for some captures.
• Lechfall a small but scenic waterfall where you can head out onto the bridge and stand over the for its best view.
• Hohenschwangau Castle, 19th century hilltop fairytale palace is also a must visit. • Alatsee a scenic lake with mountainous views.
• Hohes Schloss, Basilica St. Mang, Museum der Stadt Fussen, Kalvarienberg are some of the other attractions you should try visiting on your tour to Fussen.
Be sure to visit Fussen, Germany. Best time to visit : from june until september, when the temperature is a little soft or pleasant.
Budget : $52 per day on your tour to Fussen. best places to visit in Germany